Another Award Nomination? YAY!!
Only six months old going on seven, and Duniya Ku has bagged 2 Awards nomination already. Woohoo! I must have done or said something right to deserve this recognition from my fellow bloggers. And I have one super-awesome blogger to thank for making this possible, and she is none other than HAPPY QUITTER.
A big bIG BIG …
XIE XIE NI!
… to you, my nonsmokingladybug friend for putting me up for the “Very Inspiring Blog” award! This is truly unexpected. I’m beaming halfway across South East Asia right now! 🙂
Accepting the nomination requires me to adhere to 5 rules:
First: thank and link the amazing person who nominated you. How do you like my colorful and multi-lingual thank you’s, Happy Quitter?!
Second: list the rules and display the award. Almost done! 3 to go!
Third: share seven facts about yourself. Scroll down, please…
Fourth: nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. Right after this…
Fifth: optional – Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. See main page on the right.
Here is the list of Seven Facts about Me:
- I am a happily unmarried woman whose life’s philosophy begins and ends with the word RELAX…! I live with my 74-year-old Mom and she is my best friend in the whole wide world ❤️
- I am a Taurus – I work hard and sleep harder. Heh 😉
- I love animals, big and small, all except La Cucaracha the insect, not the song. I am terrified of the cockroach. Ask me to hold a King Cobra or a Tarantula and I’d gladly do it. But give me a cockroach (even a dead one) and I’ll unfollow you, I swear!
- Traveling around the world is what I hope to do – I’d go this very day, if I have the power to dictate, but after retirement is also acceptable. I have been fortunate to have been able to visit some amazing places, both domestic and abroad, to hike or climb. One of the most memorable hike I’ve experienced is the Tongariro Crossing in New Zealand. You can check out my Footprints and DNA page for more details. I make it a point to take off for a week or two every year to travel, and would always include some hiking or nature walks in the itinerary. Cities and skyscrapers bore me quickly.
- English is my second language. My mother-tongue is Malay, but most of the time, I speak and think in English. I guess it’s because I grew up during the time when English was used as the medium of teaching. Malaysia was once a British colony, and even after 1957 when we got our Independence, the English language continued to be used in our education, judicial and administration systems. It wasn’t until the early 80s when Bahasa Malaysia, the National Language takes over as our official language. English is still widely used daily, so if you’re a first time visitor to Malaysia, no worries, we’ll make you feel at home – Malaysian style!
- I like to dabble in handiwork once in a while. I once built a 2-tiered storage unit for Mom, and am pleased to inform it is still standing in the store-room, sturdy as ever. I especially like to paint the house. I find it relaxing despite the hard work it involves. Of course the house is all done now, but if you want me to do yours, just say the word and I’ll give you a fair quote 😉
- I love perfumes. I put it on after every shower, and we’re talking at least twice a day here. My long time favorites are Sisley, Annick Goutal, Michael Kors and Per Una.
Now, on to my Nominees…
They are some of the great set of people who have made my stay on WP worthwhile. Check them out and you’ll see why.
In no particular order, my nominees are…
- The Borderline Personality Bliss and Mess
- Christine R
- Barbara Pyett
- Undefined By Design
- Alien Aura’s Blog: It’ll Blow Your Mind
- The Political and Social Chaos Blog
- de Wets Wild
- Go Go Gadabout
- Speculative Paradigm Shifts
- The Best Things In Life
- Psychosomatically In Love
- Point, Shoot, Blog!
- Cats at the Bar
My stay on WP so far has been pleasant and personally rewarding, and from the way things are going, I think I’ll stick around for a while longer.
Thank you dear Readers for visiting Duniya Ku, for your likes and most of all for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Keep ’em coming 🙂